The five steps of the process: Onboarding, import, processing, export, roll forward.
The process of digitally creating your report involves a very precise procedure and we will be happy to personally guide you through each of the phases involved. It all starts with the onboarding, which involves adding the design, all key data and technical settings to the MDD Platform. Next, the latest contents, which are processed and exported in different publication formats, are imported. Once digitally produced, the roll forwarding for the next reporting period becomes quick and easy.
You have decided to let MDD help you with your secure reporting process? That's great news! The onboarding for the MDD Platform is not magic – it's simply a clear and logical procedure. All of the fundamental figures, data and facts are entered here just once. And, with our MDD Service, we are happy to help you with this.
Welcome to the check-in: Onboarding on the MDD Platform.
- Layout concept.Define the sections or pages in the report for which you want to continue to manually create the layout, and also define which layouts can be automated.
- Updating a layout.You can use your existing layout tool or use MDD Service to update a manual layout. MDD Service is responsible for configuring the platform. For the PDF/print output formats, the layout is updated using Adobe InDesign.
- Texts.The standard texts can be integrated into the MDD Platform from MS Word or Adobe InDesign.
- Translation.The process for translating the texts must be defined.
- Financial data.The interfaces for transferring the data must be defined here.
- Setting up tables.The tables are set up in the table editor. The key data for the tables, comparison periods, layout and table geometry are defined here.
- Setting up an online report.As an option, additional contents for the online report can be added in accordance with the customer requirements using templates or in accordance with your own developments.
- Taxonomies.You can either directly import or technically generate taxonomies here.
- Digitalisation.You can also digitalise individual processes at any time.
- Transfer.Once the data is transferred to the customer, you can continue to use the usual Microsoft Office programs together with the MDD Platform.
Import is the functional area for entering or updating all of the contents, figures, diagrams or graphics that change with each report. Ideally, these documents would even be created directly on the platform itself.
Ready to import? This is how it's done!
- Managing contents.When you work with the MDD Platform, you can continue to use the usual MS Word software to manage the contents of a report. Storing the data centrally also guarantees that the figures are consistent.
- Importing financial data.The data is imported using MS Excel, XML, a direct interface or by manually entering it via the user interface. You can update these values at any time.
- Updating tables.The contents of the tables can be revised, i.e. with regard to key data, comparison periods, layout and geometry. (Optional)
- Updating the layout configuration.Has your corporate design been modernised? Do you have new content that requires a new layout? Update for PDF/printing via Adobe InDesign or online. (Optional)
- Updating taxonomies.You can update the taxonomies as required. (Optional)
All of the data (i.e. contents, figures and designs for your reports) can be processed in the central data storage area on the MDD Platform. This means that you can rest assured that all of your data is consistent – in other words, that there are no discrepancies between different periods and reports.
Complete consistency every step of the way.
- Creating texts.You can create the texts in the system based on the templates using MS Word.
- Managing blocks of text.The text elements can be sorted into a hierarchy and managed for multiple reports.
- Central data processing.The financial data is rounded off, edited and validated on the central MDD Platform.
- Autofill function.The platform can use the stored values to automatically populate tables and text with figures.
- Full traceability.Within the automatic versioning and automatic version comparisons, processing on the MDD Platform offers full traceability for all those involved. Every change can be viewed, compared and traced throughout the entire process: For financial departments, communication departments, translators, auditors, etc.
- Translation in the system.Being able to translate the texts on the platform or via the interface to the tool results in significant time savings.
- Automated layouts.The MDD Platform applies the layout for automated chapters.
- Multiple publication formats.If you want to use multiple publication formats at the same time, all of the contents can be updated centrally and only need to be updated once. On the MDD Platform, you can define which contents are displayed in which format. This means that specific content can be published online only, which saves you printing costs. You are in control of the depth of information of these individual formats.
- Granting or restricting rights.In the case of large reporting projects that involve many parties, rights management – i.e. granting individual access rights, such as read and write permissions for specific functions – can be precisely controlled. This leads to a significant simplification and the highest level of security for the collaboration.
The decisive advantage when digitalising the creation processes for your reporting is the option to develop different publication formats at the same time. This means that the various formats (i.e. PDF, online report, printed version or XBRL file) can also be published simultaneously – irrespective of the scope and cadence. As a result, you can therefore address different target groups with different publication formats – all at the same time.
- Online report.The online report offers your readers an interactive reading experience along with the opportunity to intuitively immerse themselves into individual topic areas.
- XBRL for regulators.As the only Swiss XBRL filer, MDD can call upon a wealth of experience, and can export XBRL-based reports for different regulators at the same time.
- Print.A print-optimized PDF can be generated directly in the system and transmitted to the print shop at any time.
- PDF.The MDD platform enables the output of PDF for various media, e.g. with interactive functions for the corporate website.
Reduce the time-consuming hard work that is required for creating reports for the years ahead. Links in tables and texts are retained in the follow-up reports during the roll forward. The previous year's figures are automatically saved in the correct place. As a user, you only have to upload the figures for the current year, make some adjustments and revise the texts. This is true for both online publications and printed reports.